Take care of messes on the go, and do it with your own sense of style.
The diaper bag: constant companion and a parent’s best friend. A never-leave-home-without-it accessory, the diaper backpack bag is one of the most-used pieces of baby gear some new parents buy. But there are a lot of different types of diaper backpack bags on the market, with many features to consider. So what’s right for you?
Here’s everything you need to know about this handy piece of gear, and how to choose the best diaper backpack bag that works for you and your family. And moms…. don’t you want your partner to feel convenient in carrying a diaper bag as well?
How to Choose a Diaper Backpack Bag?
It’s no secret that babies need a lot of stuff. From snacks to bottles, there’s much to deal with when you’re taking care of a little one, especially when you’re not at home and on the go.
A backpack diaper bag is a perfect spot to store everything you need for your little boy or girl in one place when you’re on the go. Even if you’re the most minimalist of parents, it’s a must-have for toting diapers and wipes, of course, but other necessities like a change of clothes, extra pacifiers, bottles and a toy or two.
Finding the perfect diaper backpack bag definitely depends on your personal preferences. Here are a few things to consider before you make your decision.
How Will I Use My Diaper Backpack Bag?
Before you take a deep dive into research for the best backpack as a diaper bag, you’ll want to think about how you’re going to be using your bag.
- Are you a city parent who’ll be regularly pushing a stroller and will need your hands free? Then a backpack-style backpack bag may be right for you.
- Are you planning on bottle feeding at all? Finding a diaper backpack bag with insulated pockets is probably a good idea.
- Are you having twins, or thinking about adding another baby to your family in the near future? You may want to look into a roomier style bag that will offer plenty of storage space.
Think about your lifestyle and your future, your specific needs and how you plan on using your bag, and it will make your decision process a whole lot easier.
Diaper Bag Features to Consider
There are lots of options across a huge array of styles, but there are a few features you’ll want to keep an eye out for:
- Plenty of space. See above about babies needing a lot of stuff!
- Easy to clean. Dirty diapers or clothes. Leaky bottles. It’s good to have a wipe-clean surface or even a machine-washable bag.
- Shareability. What works for you may not work for your partner or caregiver, so keep in mind who else will be using the diaper bag when making your choice.
- Ergonomic. You’ll want something that’s comfortable to carry, especially when it’s full!
Extras that are nice to have:
- Insulated pockets: These keep bottles, water or snacks cool.
- USB bottle warmer. Some bags include USB bottle warmer so you can warm up your baby’s bottle while on the go
- Stroller clips: This convenient feature allows you to attach your diaper bag to your stroller, so you don’t have to carry it or take up precious space in the stroller basket.
- Lots of pockets: Having designated spots to put things can help you find what you’re looking for more easily.
- Waterproof Pockets: It’s awesome to have some waterproof pockets to separate wet items.
Now let’s get shopping, please see here our top 5 best-selling diaper backpack bags.
- Diaper Backpack Buffalo
- Diaper Backpack Oxen
- Diaper Backpack Llama
- Diaper Backpack Yak
- Diaper Backpack Donkey
- Diaper Backpack Camel
- Diaper Backpack Goat
Also check out all of our baby essentials here